Saturday, February 24, 2007

More UK Yogis!

Hi YM,
I was fortunate enough to pick up two DVD's that were offered free of charge by The Daily Mail Newspaper (UK) recently and have been following Part One since the beginning of the month. I am already beginning to notice some changes (for the better), I just wanted to ask what 'type' of Yoga this is? It doesn't specify on the DVD cover. Also, is this DVD enough to work with or should I also enrol in a Yoga class for optimal benefits? And finally, I can see from your website that there is an 'ask Marlon' field box for questions - if I filled in my query there - would I receive a personal response from Marlon or would it be published on the website?
Would love to hear your views.
Many thanks,

Anonymous

Hi Anonymous,
These days I usually publish answers to all the questions on my blog page. I can do that anonymously very easily and often do at the inquirer's request, as I have here. I answer all questions myself. I feel it’s an important part of my dharma at least for now.

I think you could go either way. Enroll at a yoga studio that has high recommendations or learn much more from me by getting my other 6 DVDs. My popularity is immense in the UK now, due to the newspaper inclusion. That is a thrill. I hope to come to the UK this spring or summer to teach some workshops as a result.

My background is in Tantra. Within this ancient tradition there are many subdivisions. In a single session a student is apt to encounter these various branches of yoga: Raja, Swara, Laya, Kundalini, Jnana, Kriya, Bhakti, Hatha + a bit of ayurveda. For more in my background you may want to check out my bio.

Please do log on to the blog often. I think you will see people are generally thinking about the same issues. I’m very happy if you contribute your experience to other bloggers by hitting the white comments button at the bottom of any entry.

Fare thee well, yogini! Many thanks for writing!

Om Shanti,

Yogi Marlon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlon,
Thank you for your thorough reply to my query e-mail. I would love to buy your DVD’s – which one would you recommend I start with? I am very new to Yoga and have been using the complimentary one that the Daily Mail offered since the beginning of February. At the moment I try to incorporate about half an hour into my schedule daily – is that about right would you say? The reason why I asked whether I should join a class or not is because although I am following the programme you’ve set out I do sometimes wonder if I’m getting it right? (I am a bit stiff I’m afraid!). I have also taken out some books from the library to help me understand the concepts of Yoga better – do you recommend any particular reading?
Glad to hear that your DVD’s are successful as a result of the newspaper promotion. I do find that your technique is very easy to follow and I think that your calm, mild manner helps tremendously. Hope you do make it to the UK for some workshops – I would love to attend.
Thanks again
Kelly