Monday, November 13, 2006

Yoga for the Nervous System


Question: Hello Marlon Is yoga good for anxiety and nervousness? Thankyou.

Name: Davina
Country: England

Hi Davina,
Yoga works quite profoundly on an energetic level, so it is, in fact, one of the best therapies for the nervous system.

In one addition of my column entitled Yoga for the Scattered Mind, I explain the ayurvedic concept of vata dosha. There is an overview that will explain what may be a new way of veiwing the kind of energy that embibes your nervous system. I think you will find it is full of valuable information for maintaining or restoring a healthy nervous system, because the nervous system is very, very akin to vata energy. Please access the full article here:
http://askyogimarlon.com/archive/a_YogaForTheScatteredMind.html

In addition, the best pose to strengthen the nervous system is shoulder stand. Second best is plough. My beginner DVD, Yoga for Absolute Beginners, includes both these poses. You'll find that here:
http://askyogimarlon.com/dvd-beginner.html

Please do comment here, to let all my blog viewers and I know if you have found the articl and the practice of the suggestions have created a significant change for you.

I also invite readers to converse with Davina and I here on your individual experiences.

Many thanks for writing, Davina.

Om Shanti,
Yogi Marlon

No comments: